Monday, April 5, 2010

NYC Car show and how 'bout those allergies!

Let me start off by saying, that Bill and I have never stayed away from the kids (as much as we can remember) by ourselves without the kids. Yeah, we left Austin with Pop Pop and his Aunt when we went to Florida for the week, but we never left all the kids at any given time overnight.

Bill wanted me to go with him to the NYC Car show at the Jacob Javits center so we can see what cars I would like for next year. So Friday we left and got to our hotel, and then I had a fill in show with 9 South that night. The next morning we went to NY and walked to the show. There are a lot of new cars coming out that are so nice!! I think what we've decided on for me (now I just have to test drive them) is The Mazda CX-9, Mercedes R350, Chevy Traverse, and the Buick Enclave. We are also going to consider the Lincoln Navigator (but I really would like to be able to park in the garage~which won't happen if I get that car, also the fact that you tap the gas pedal, and all the gas is gone, really does not sway with me too well! LOL! (did I mention that it just cost me $50.00 to fill my Town and Country's tank~Ouch!) But we had a lot of fun! We walked to Bobby Flay's place Mesa Grill, only to find out that there was not 1 thing on the menu I can eat. So we ended up going to Heartland brewery right next to time square. It was awesome!

My allergies are getting worse each year as we live here. Especially my food allergies. You all know that I have a severe pepper allergy. All pepper from black to spicy peppers. (Well, everything in Bobby Flay's place had all peppers, even the muffins.) in the past month, I have almost had to go to the hospital 4 times due to me eating something I was not aware of that had stuff I am allergic to in it. So off to the allergist I go! I need some sort of relief. Between my sinuses acting up every week, to me eating someting wrong all the time, it's really getting to be too much for me, and I am terriffied to use my EPI pen. (heck, it looks really scary!) LOL! I really need something to make it all better, so I am really anxious to go to this dr.

I quit my band, so now I am officially a domestic housewife! LOL! It's fine with me, since I am changing avenues and going to go into voice over/jingle work now. I love bands, but it is so mundane and I've been doing it for 8/9 years now. Also the fact that my kids are in sports now, and they seem to have everything on Saturday's which does not work for me. Yes, I am a little depressed, but I am still doing fill in shows when available, so I will not be completely off the market. Just limited! LOL! Oh well, you do what you gotta do! I had a great last NJ show with my favorite band, and I would not have wanted it any other way! Thanks to everyone who came out to support me~I truly love you all! XOXO!!

No comments: