Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring, a time for new renewals...

So, since the kids are going to be out and about soon, I have decided that it's best to let things lay, for the sake of the kids, and make a minimal attempt at corresponding with neighbor 1. (I know you all know what I'm talking about)

I told Bill that my new year resolution (though I never make them because they are stupid, and never kept) was that I would be more forgiving. So I figured I would use my forgiving just this once, and if it works, great~if not~then at least I made an attempt, and then people can stop harassing me to stop being so stubborn and just let things go. At least I tried.

Attempt 1....Donovan and Brayden were suppose to invite neighbor 1's kid over to play~but somehow ended up staying over and eating dinner. I facebooked her a quick note just to say thank you for taking them and that I appreciated it..................................no response back.

Attempt 2...Invited over neighbor 1's kid to play with the boys.........................no comment from neighbor 1....but her husband was nice and cordial...we invited him inside to see the baby.

Attempt 3...Invited over neighbor 1's kid to Donovan and Brayden's Birthday party.........no comment from neighbor 1...but neighbor 1's husband said they would be away and returning around 7 the day of the party, and maybe they would stop by......

So I guess we'll see what is going to happen...I would imagine that they would be tired from all the traveling, but who knows. Again, at least I made an attempt (or more) to try to communicate with them. (considering I no longer have their number, and I have changed mine~also the fact that I am not going to bring over all 900 of my kids to their house to try to talk to them, because unlike my children~I don't go to things uninvited...I think I have done my best, and now no one can say that I did not try.) I am not apologizing for anything, and neither are they apparently~so why not just sweep it under the door, and move on? (as my friend Gina said) Which I agree~yeah, we are both stubborn people~great~we get it!

No comments: