Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A funny story....

So I got the mail today and we have a realtor at the shore, that we'll probably never use, but he sends up little newsletters with little facts, and the house of the month.

Anyway....

So there is this article that he put in there called "What's in your pocketbook??"

and it reads....

Researchers recently tested 50 purses for harmful bacteria and discovered that one in four handbags were contaminated with E. Coli, the bacteria found in human and animal waste. Many more were carrying other bacteria, such as Staphylococcus aurous and salmonella.

Researchers advise using a disinfectant wipe daily on your purse and, when in public spaces such as restrooms, suggest hanging your bag rather than placing it on the floor. It's also a good idea to avoid putting your purse on countertops or anywhere food is prepared....

Now I have to laugh.....If any of my children go near my $800 Louis Vuitton, or my $1200.00 Louis Vuitton, I have a caranary, so why on earth would I use a disinfectant wipe that could potentially ruin the leather~and destroy my investments?! LOL! If I owned a Walmart purse or something like that, then I would absolutely do it in a heartbeat~but....I don't think so! I do however like the whole "do not put the purse on the floor" idea...I have purse hooks so I don't have to do that, but with 5 kids nothing is guaranteed. Hell, I use my 1 Louis as my diaper bag for crying out loud! LOL!

Oh well, just thought any other Designer Purse Lover would appreciate what I read today!

No comments: