Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Life is good!

So I was visited today by my old best friend from Middle School. LOL! How much fun it was to see her! We talked on the phone for 4 hours yesterday! (Guess we had A LOT of catching up to do!) Either way~we went through 1 cell phone batter and 1/2....1 house phone battery and I believe another house phone battery! LOL! Guess we should charge our phones before we talk next time! LOL! It was so cool to know that there is someone here that I already know (and her family) that live so close by! Yeah! Another friend under my belt of Pennsylvania! LOL!

Speaking of regained friendships~I went to Neighbor 1's house the other night, and ended up staying for a good few hours just talking and watching movies. It was a really nice evening and I had a lot of fun. It's nice to have them back in our lives.

I am feeling SOOOO much better today! My god, I have recovered really nicely~and I hope that will be the end of all the flus, and strep and everything until next winter. The beginning of the year was not really so bad for us, but the tail end was a kicker! (guess we made up for lost time!) LOL! I love being able to swallow my food and not cringe! LOL! (and I did end up gaining another pound or 2!) Grrr....

Austin had his well visit yesterday. Is is a hearty 10 lbs 2 oz. however, he just does not seem that heavy to me. I guess it's because I see him everday. LOL! Brayden starts soccer for the YMCA today. I am excited for him. He is going to have a great time. I know he's been wanting to play since last year~so I'm excited that because Bill is not coaching this year....I will finally get to go to some of his games. He loves when I can get to watch him play. I wonder what color he'll be this year. The past 2 he was 2 different shades of green (thankfully his favorite color!)

I am really debating on getting a Wii fit. Since I am unable to get to a gym, I was wondering if people REALLY loose weight on this silly thing? All the gyms here require that you pay for child care and it gets expensive since I now have 5 of them. LOL! And they also require that they be at least 6 months of age....it really makes me miss Toms River Fitness because of the unlimited age group, and unlimited time for leaving them there. (sometimes I like 2 classes, and it takes a bit longer then the hour and 1/2 alotted time for usual daycares.) So I guess I am just going to have to rely on my metabolism. Oh well.

Donovan is learning how to cook. LOL! Not like I am the most awesome chef in the world....but I am teaching him the basics of cooking..like taking the food in and out of the oven, mixing, measuring scoops of things...etc. He is really excited to learn how to cook. He said that he wants to be a great chef....(which will be good for me, because hopefully then I will not have to cook anymore either! HAHAHA!!!!) Every year that he gets older I am going to teach him a new responsibility. And hopefully by the time he is 18 he can go to culinary school and make us some awesome food!

Guess we will see!!

No comments: