Saturday, July 11, 2009

Boys will be boys.....

I guess it's going to be one of those posts! LOL!

Donovan....er...I mean......Logan, was raiding his bike yesterday, and ran right into the curb....I saw it with my own eyes and it looked like it HURT like a mother! Well, it must have because now for this second day the poor kid is still having trouble walking! LOL! Ugh, and as a parent, I look at it, and it makes my skin crawl! Gross! I feel so bad for him! LOL! Here you go! The damage!
Looks pretty bad huh!? I think this is honestly the only time he's had such a boo boo! Usually he's wearing knee pads or something, but not this time! LOL!! Oh well! It's gonna heal.

So I am starting a new project! Anyone who is friends with me on facebook and reads this blog will know who this did belong to! LOL! You can admit it's yours if you want to, otherwise, I'll just stay mum....

Anyway, so I did, YES I ACTUALLY TRASH PICKED SOMETHING!!! LOL!! But I saw it as I was coming home, and I have been DYING for one of these, but have a hard time paying over 100 bucks for something that I know would rust this badly......so, I asked my friend what was wrong with it and he said nothing~just that it was really really rusty. I asked him if I could have it and so he put it aside for me. I got it home and so far all I've done with it is wire sanded it, and got all the loose rust off of it. And it ALREADY looks really good! I bought the Rust-oleum primer that I have to do next, and then I bought the Rust-oleum high heat spraypaint in Black. It's going to look sweet, and it only cost me like 20 bucks for the stuff I needed! So I can't wait to see what it's gonna look like when it's painted! I am happy that I have another project to deal with! Whoo Hoo!
Before the Wire sanding.....

After the wire brushing....
So I was going to do the primer today, but it looks like it's going to rain.....maybe I'll do it when Rowan goes for a nap. I really want to get this done. But for now, it's good. I want to buy a cover for it, so that it does not get any more rusty. Okay, wish me luck!

No comments: